The Society has many valuable, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Members. We have a group of dedicated Trustees and a long-standing Treasurer who meet regularly and, between them, carry out much good work for the Society.
But on top of all that, we also need a new Chair to:
- provide leadership and vision,
- raise the Society’s public profile
- grow membership, and
- increase the impact of the Society’s campaigns.
Could this be you, or someone you know who loves the Cambrian Mountains and wants to make sure they are properly managed for future generations?
If so, please get in touch – send us an email through the Contact Form!
What does the Chair have to do?
The Chair has considerable flexibility as to what they do and how, supported by the Trustees and Treasurer. They chair meetings of the Trustees and the Society (including the AGM), and along with the other Trustees will:
- act as a spokesperson
- monitor any proposed developments which would affect the Cambrian Mountains and take any necessary action;
- represent the Society at meetings with other stakeholders such as Welsh Government, Natural Resources Wales and the network of organisations such as the Alliance for Welsh Designated Landscapes which have an interest in the Cambrian Mountains.
What’s that all about, again?
By way of reminder, our objectives are to promote measures which will sustain or enhance the landscape, natural beauty, biodiversity, archaeology, scientific interest and cultural heritage of the Cambrian Mountains for the benefit of local communities, and the wider public. Alongside and in support of that, we also aim to advance the education of the public in those aspects and also the geodiversity of the Cambrian Mountains. As part of this, Members meet as walking groups to explore different parts of the region once a month.